Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 7 5/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: C +10 Hz.;
- Rim tone: G +4 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 19th Century;
- Bowl type: “Special”
- Note: This bowl is an enigma. Its exterior surface appears to have been covered with pitch sometime after the time of its manufacture, which was then subsequently removed later. The custom of covering the exterior wall of bowl with pitch is still done in Nepal, although almost always at the time of manufacture, possibly to hide imperfections created by the forging process. But it is very unusual to cover a bowl as artistically decorated as this one was. In addition to its mysterious past, it has and exquisitely long, even decay and a unparalleled purity of tone.
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the sound of the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool-padded mallet. Next you’ll hear the rim tone played with the leather end of a 30mm leather-padded mallet. Lastly you’ll hear the fundamental tone played with the leather end of the same 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Special”
Extra-thick construction, Buddha shape. Usually with heavy sacred geometric parallel lines originally incised or cast into the exterior walls. The lines radiate outward from a small circle in the center of the basin. The lip is distinctly grooved.
Double-blues are the “Stradivarius” of Tibetan singing bowls– the best of the best! Of the five criteria for Master-quality, Double-blues surpass the rest of the collection in multiple criteria. Their sublime tones form palpable matrices in the air, and linger significantly longer than most singing bowls. The implications of a longer sustain in a healing or meditation context is key, because of the increased “mileage” you get from every strike or rim tone. Also important is the characteristically deeper penetration potential of these powerful pieces. Their quality falls in the top half of the percentage of our collection.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- Professional 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
6 Months Interest Free Credit Available Through PayPal. Synchrony financing available with first 6 months interest-free to qualified Los Angeles buyers.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.