Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 9″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: A# -4 Hz.;
- Rim tone: E -10 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 19th Century;
- Type: “LWTL” (Low-wall-thick-lip)
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool -padded-padded mallet. Next you’ll hear the rim tone played with the leather end of the 30mm leather-padded mallet. Lastly you’ll hear the fundamental played with the leather end of the same 30mm leather-padded mallet
Bowl Type: “LWTL” (Low-wall-thick-lip)
Called Manipuri throughout the Himalayas. Said to come from the Manipur region (in the eastern HImalayas near Nagaland), but this shape is also typically Tibetan as well. Their walls are lower in ratio to the diameter, with a gradually sloping base. This type of singing bowl is thick to extra-thick, often with a triangulated lip, and sometimes decorated with tooled or engraved sacred geometric patterns such as the circle and dot motif. Typically they range from approximately 4 inches up to a little over 10 inches, although they are now rare in these larger sizes. Tones, likewise, range from the second to the fifth octaves.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 2-Piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
6 Months Interest Free Credit Available Through PayPal. Synchrony financing available with first 6 months interest-free to qualified Los Angeles buyers.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.