Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 1/2″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: F +10 Hz.;
- Rim tone: C +2 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Type: “LWTL” (Low-wall-thick-lip)
About the Sound Sample
You will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “LWTL” (Low-wall-thick-lip)
Called Manipuri throughout the Himalayas. Said to come from the Manipur region (in the eastern HImalayas near Nagaland), but this shape is also typically Tibetan as well. Their walls are lower in ratio to the diameter, with a gradually sloping base. This type of singing bowl often has a triangulated lip, and is sometimes decorated with tooled or engraved sacred geometric patterns such as the circle and dot motif. Typically they range from approximately 4 inches up to a little over 10 inches, although they are now rare in these larger sizes. Tones, likewise, range from the second to the fifth octaves.
- A Professional 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
- Optional Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum for an additional $13.00
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.