Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 3/4″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: G -10 Hz.;
- Rim tone: C +4 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Type: “Buddha”
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Next you’ll hear the rim tone being played around the outside rim with leather end of the 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Buddha”
A medium sized Thadobati variety singing bowl. The base, while still round, is not as sloped as a High-wall. We named this style after the Buddha because one of the earliest depictions of the Buddha, a 1st century BCE stone bas-relief from the Ghandaran period, features the Buddha holding a bowl of this shape. This theme, called “The Offering of the Four Bowls”, was also found in a later, 2nd – 3rd century CE bas-relief as well. The provenance of this shape generally tends to come from India.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 2-Piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet)
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.