Master-quality® Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 5 5/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: A# +2 Hz.
- Rim tone: E -8 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Type: “Shabda”
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool-padded mallet. Next you’ll hear the rim tone played around the outside rim with a 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Shabda”
A rare shape of singing bowl with an unusual, cantilevered lip 1/4″ in diameter. It is broader at the base with a slightly concave wall. The most distinctive characteristic of this style of bowl is that its exterior wall is completely covered in an incised, parallel line pattern. On this particular piece, however, most of its wall decorations have been worn away over time.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum.
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.