#12200 Set, Sample of Strikes:
#12200 Set, Sample of Fundamentals:
This is a 12:50 minute recording of a Master-quality®,7-piece contemporary High-Wall singing bowl set tuned to the Diatonic scale in the second octave. It includes one bowl each of the following fundamental tones:
* C2 67 Hz., High-Wall 15 3/4″ diameter, XX-Thick
* D2 73 Hz.(concert pitch), High-Wall 14 1/8″ diameter, Extra-Thick
* E2 82 Hz., High-Wall 13″ diameter, XX-Thick
* F2 88 Hz., High-Wall 13″ diameter, Extra-Thick
* G2 99.8 Hz., High-Wall 13 1/4″ diameter, XX-Thick
* A2 111.6 Hz., High-Wall 12″ diameter,XX-Thick
* B2 122 Hz., High-Wall 10” diameter, XX-Thick
The rim tones for each bowl are as follows: G#4 404 Hz., A4 439.5 Hz., B4 495 Hz., C#5 536 Hz., D5 608 Hz, E5 632 Hz., and F5 690 Hz.
Note: This is the only contemporary Diatonic fundamental set we have offered in 23 years. It took over two years and three collections to complete. The C fundamental is in quarter-tone tuning because virtually all of the concert pitch C’s being manufactured now have dominant mid-tones. The mix of this set is almost 13 minutes long and the strikes for bowls #1, #3 and #5 sustain for approximately 2 minutes. Bowls #4 and #6 have the longest sustaining fundamentals, over 2 minutes each. Enjoy the sounds!
First you will hear each singing bowl being struck on their upper outside edges with a large Himalayan hardwood gong mallet. Next you will hear the fundamental of each bowl being played with either the 45mm or 40mm leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet.