Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 11″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: F -2 Hz.;
- Rim tone: C +4 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 19th Century;
- Bowl type: “High-wall”
- NOTE: As is common with antiques, this bowl has a few superficial cracks on the inner wall. These minor imperfections in no way affect the bowl’s sound, sustain or stability, and the bowl is fully covered under the terms of our satisfaction guarantee.
About the Sound Sample
First you will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a large knitted gong mallet. Next you will hear the rim tone played around the outside rim with the leather end of the 40mm leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet. Lastly you will hear the fundamental tone played around the upper outside wall with the leather end of the same 40mm “Fat Boy” mallet.
“High-wall” singing bowl
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of all the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave of a piano. The rim tones can spread into the fifth octave.
Double-blues are the “Stradivarius” of Tibetan singing bowls– the best of the best! Of the five criteria for Master-quality, Double-blues surpass the rest of the collection in multiple criteria. Their sublime tones form palpable matrices in the air, and linger significantly longer than most singing bowls. The implications of a longer sustain in a healing or meditation context is key, because of the increased “mileage” you get from every strike or rim tone. Also important is the characteristically deeper penetration potential of these powerful pieces. Their quality falls in the top half of the percentage of our collection.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (a large knitted gong mallet, a thicker 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool-padded mallet, and a 40mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear on this page.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
6 Months Interest Free Credit Available Through PayPal. Synchrony financing available with first 6 months interest-free to qualified Los Angeles buyers.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.