Special Deal Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 37 1/4″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: A# -6 Hz.;
- Rim tone: E -4 Hz.
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze
- Bowl type: “Thadobati”
About the Sound Sample
You will hear the sound of the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Buddha”
A medium sized Thadobati variety singing bowl. The base, while still round, is not as sloped as a High-wall. We named this style after the Buddha because one of the earliest depictions of the Buddha, a 1st century BCE stone bas-relief from the Ghandaran period, features the Buddha holding a bowl of this shape. This theme, called “The Offering of the Four Bowls”, was also found in a later, 2nd – 3rd century CE bas-relief as well. The provenance of this shape generally tends to come from India.
- Professional 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
- Optional Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum for an additional $16.00. Choose cushion at checkout.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.