Master-Quality© Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 16 1/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: D +2 (72.9) Hz.;
- Rim tone: A# -6 (460) Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- NEW-made (Contemporary);
- Bowl type: “High-wall”
- “Flower of Life” etched design
About This Singing Bowl
Flower of Life central image, inner ring of fire. Om Mani Padme Hum mantras in Tibetan script are encircled with scrolling Tibetan cloud patterns on exterior wall.
About the Sound Sample
We highly recommend that you use earphones when critically listening to singing bowl sound samples.
First you will hear the bowl struck softly with a large Tibetan-wool padded gong mallet. Next you will hear the mid tone played with the leather end of the 40mm leather-padded “Fat Boy ” mallet. Thirdly you will hear the rim tone played with the 99-1 Xcelite mallet. Lastly you will hear the fundamental tone played with the leather end of the 45mm leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet.
Note: The strike sustains for two minutes, the mid tone sustains for nearly two and a half minutes, the rim tone sustains for nearly one and half minutes, and the fundamental tone sustains for almost two and half minutes.
“High-wall” singing bowl
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of all the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave of a piano. The rim tones can spread into the fifth octave.
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (a large Tibetan-wool padded gong mallet, and a 45mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
- A Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion in your choice of Tibetan red, Plum or Blue.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.