Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 11 1/2″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: C +6 Hz.;
- Rim tone: A -10 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Bowl type: “High-wall”
- NOTE: As is common with antique bowls, this bowl has a 1/2″ hairline crack in or around the basin. Some of the best bowls in our collection have them! This minor imperfection in no way affects the sound, sustain or stability of the bowl, and this bowl is fully covered under the terms of our satisfaction guarantee
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the small knitted gong mallet. Next you hear the rim tone played around the outside rim with the 30 mm leather-padded mallet. Lastly you’ll hear the fundamental tone played around the outside wall with the leather end of the 40mm leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet.
“High-wall” singing bowl
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of all the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave of a piano. The rim tones can spread into the fifth octave.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum.
- 4-piece Professional Mallet Set (a small knitted wool-padded gong mallet, a 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool-padded and leather-padded mallet, and a 40mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes. A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.