Authentic Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 1/2″ Diameter;
- Rim tone: D# +4 Hz.;
- Fundamental tone: A# -8 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Type: “Tara”
About the Sound Sample
First you will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Next you’ll hear the rim tone being played with the leather end of a 30mm mallet. Lastly you’ll hear the fundamental tone of the bowl being played around the upper outside wall with the leather end of the leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Tara”
A medium size Thadobati variety singing bowl, and a cousin of the Buddha type (although more rare). It’s body, however, is deeper and rounder giving it a more feminine feel– hence the name (after the popular Tibetan goddess Tara).
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages valued below $650 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Express International. Packages valued over $650 will be shipped UPS Worldwide Expedited. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.