Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 17 1/4″ Diameter;
- XX-Thick (3/8″ lip);
- Fundamental tone: D +10 (75 Hz.);
- Rim tone: A# -8 (458 Hz.);
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- NEW-made (Contemporary);
- Bowl type: “High-wall”;
- Weight: 19 lbs., 6 ounces
About the Sound Sample
We highly recommend that you use earphones when critically listening to singing bowl sound samples.
First, you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a large Tibetan-wool padded gong mallet. Next, you’ll hear the rim tone played with the leather side of the 40mm “Fat Boy” mallet. Lastly, you’ll hear the fundamental tone being played with a 45mm “Fat Boy” mallet.
NOTE: The strike sustains for over 1 1/2 minutes upon release of the playing mallet. The rim tone sustains for nearly 2 minutes, and the fundamental tone sustains for exactly two minutes upon release of the playing mallet.
“High-wall” singing bowl
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of all the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave of a piano. The rim tones can spread into the fifth octave.
- 3-piece Professional Mallet Set (a large Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded gong mallet, and a 65mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet).
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (color/style may vary).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness, and ease of playing, sound volume, and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
A signature is required for all orders valued at over $150.