Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 8 1/4″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: A -2 Hz. (near concert pitch);
- Mid-tone: E -2 Hz. (near concert pitch);
- Rim tone: D# +8 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 20th Century;
- Bowl type: “High-wall”
About the Sound Sample
First, you’ll hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm wool-padded mallet. Next, you’ll hear the rim tone played with the leather end of the 30mm leather-padded mallet. Lastly, you’ll hear the fundamental tone played with the leather end of the same 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Note: While playing the fundamental tone, the rim tone always rings out as the dominant tone over it. It can still be played (with the leather end of the 30mm leather-padded mallet), but it’ll be faint and move into the background as the rim tone takes over. The beauty of this singing bowl is in the strike and rim tones.
“High-wall” singing bowl
Called Jambati in the Himalayas, the High-wall type is the largest diameter variety of all the Tibetan singing bowls. They are highly prized for their deep basso profundo Om tones. Fundamental tones can range from the second to the third octave of a piano. The rim tones can spread into the fifth octave.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum.
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (a thick 30mm Himalayan hardwood wool-padded mallet, and a thick 30mm leather-padded “Fat Boy” mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear on this page.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness, ease of playing, sound volume, and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
NOTE: A signature is required for all orders valued over $500.