Special Deal Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 5/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: D# -10 Hz.;
- Rim tone: A -6 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Type: “Buddha”
About the Sound Sample
You will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
Singing Bowl type: “Buddha”
A medium-sized Thadobati variety singing bowl. The base, while still round, is not as sloped as a High-wall. We named this style after the Buddha because one of the earliest depictions of the Buddha, a 1st century BCE bas-relief from the Gandharan period, features the Buddha holding a bowl of this shape. This theme, called “The Offering of the Four Bowls”, was also found in a later, 2nd – 3rd century CE, bas-relief as well.
- A 30mm Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
- Optional cushion in Tibetan Red for an additional $14.00
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
NOTE: A signature is required for all orders valued at over $500.