Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 6 1/2″ – 7 1/2″ diameter;
- Fundamental tone: G -10 Hz.;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Bowl type: “Mani”
About the Sound Sample
First, you will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Next, you’ll hear the rim tone of the bowl being played around the outside rim with the leather end of a 30mm leather-padded mallet.
This means “jewel” in Tibetan, although we believe the style hails originally from India. We started finding these only in the last four to five years in the Himalayas. They are the only example that we know of which is a conically shaped, self-amplifying singing bowl. They tend to produce an almost pure sine wave, and their rim and fundamental tones are the same. Sometimes, higher harmonics can be heard in the struck tones, but they tend to be octaves rather than tritones.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 2-piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness, ease of playing, sound volume, and long sustain.
6 Months Interest-Free Credit Available Through PayPal. Synchrony financing is available with the first 6 months interest-free to qualified Los Angeles buyers.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
NOTE: A signature is required for all orders valued at over $500