Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 7 1/4″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: E +8 Hz.;
- Rim tone: A# -2 Hz;
- Hand-forged, mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 18th Century;
- Type: “Buddha”
About the Sound Sample
First you’ll hear the sound of the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with the included Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Then you’ll hear the sound of the same bowl played around the outside rim with the Xcelite 99-1 mallet.
Bowl Type: “Buddha”
A medium sized Thadobati variety singing bowl. The base, while still round, is not as sloped as a High-wall. We named this style after the Buddha because one of the earliest depictions of the Buddha, a 1st century BCE stone bas-relief from the Ghandaran period, features the Buddha holding a bowl of this shape. This theme, called “The Offering of the Four Bowls”, was also found in a later, 2nd – 3rd century CE bas-relief as well. The provenance of this shape generally tends to come from India.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in your choice of Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum.
- Professional Himalayan hardwood leather-padded mallet.
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear on this page.
This Master-quality bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality means that this bowl has passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness and ease of playing, sound volume and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages will be shipped DHL Express Worldwide. All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes. A signature is required for all orders valued over $150.