Hand-forged, Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 7 3/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: F# +4 Hz.;
- Rim tone: C +4 Hz.;
- Mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 19th Century;
About the Sound Sample
First, you will hear the bowl struck on its upper outside edge with a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded mallet. Next, you’ll hear the rim tone played around the outside rim with a 30mm leather-padded mallet.
Bowl Type: “Buddha”
A medium-sized Thadobati variety singing bowl. The base, while still round, is not as sloped as a High-wall. We named this style after the Buddha because one of the earliest depictions of the Buddha, a 1st century BCE bas-relief from the Gandharan period, features the Buddha holding a bowl of this shape. This theme, called “The Offering of the Four Bowls”, was also found in a later, 2nd – 3rd century CE, bas-relief as well.
- Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Shakti.
- Tibetan silk-brocade Singing Bowl Cushion (shown above) in Tibetan Red, Royal Blue, or Plum. Please note your preference in the comments section on checkout.
- 2-Piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm Himalayan hardwood Tibetan-wool padded and leather-padded mallet)
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness, ease of playing, sound volume, and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
NOTE: A signature is required for all orders valued at over $500.