Extraordinarily rare, hand-forged, Master-quality® Tibetan Singing Bowl:
- 5 5/8″ Diameter;
- Fundamental tone: F 692 Hz.;
- Mixed-alloy bronze;
- Circa 16th Century;
- Type: “Lingam”
- NOTE: As is common with antique bowls, this bowl has a hairline crack near the basin. Some of the best bowls in our collection have them! Because this 1/4″ crack is located in the curvature of the basin, it in no way affects the stability, sound, or sustain of the bowl. This bowl is fully covered under the terms of our satisfaction guarantee.
About the Sound Sample
First, you’ll hear two strikes with a 22mm leather-padded mallet, each on the bowl’s upper exterior wall, Next, you’ll hear the fundamental played around the outside rim with an Xcelite mallet.
Bowl Type: “Lingam”
Perhaps the rarest of all the Tibetan/Himalayan type singing bowls, Lingam bowls have a conical protrusion coming out of the center of its basin. The term “Lingam” comes from the Sanskrit terms for “phallus”. The Lingam has been worshipped by Shaivite Hindus as the formless aspect of God for millennia. In the Buddhist, Bon, Hindu, and Jain traditions, this protrusion and accompanying multiple ring lines are also symbolic of Mt. Kailash and the practice of circumambulating this most sacred mountain in western Tibet.
- Certificate of Authenticity signed by Shakti.
- A 3-Piece Professional Mallet Set (a 30mm wool-padded mallet, a 22mm leather-padded mallet, and an Xcelite mallet).
- Tips and Information Brochure: historical information, general metallurgical analysis, how to hold the mallet, playing around the rim, and advanced techniques.
- A silk-brocade cushion in your choice of Red, Blue and Plum.
You will receive the exact bowl you see and hear.
This Master-quality® singing bowl is amongst the finest caliber of singing bowls available in the world. Master-quality® means that these bowls have passed stringent tests for authentic antiquity, harmonic balance of sound, smoothness, ease of playing, sound volume, and long sustain.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: All packages are insured and trackable via the internet for your protection. The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
Note: A signature is required for all orders valued at over $500.